REGULATION RULES 2018
XX SORIA INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FEST
Since the Soria Short Film Fest considers at all times Short Films CINEMA in capital and appreciates as essential culture dissemination, our purpose is to promote as mean of audiovisual expression; the contribution to acknowledgment and dissemination. This format must be essentially and basically a part of CINEMA.
The 20th Edition will be held in Soria (Spain) between the 11th and 25th November, 2018.
• This festival is open to Filmmakers from the entire world.
• Any filming system is permitted as well as genre: Fiction, Animation or Documentary.
• Running time will be no longer than 30 minutes; credits included.
• Shorts must be sent before June 30st, 2018.
• Shorts films production must have ended their production not before January 1st, 2017.
• It is ESSENTIAL Shorts which in their original language version are not in Spanish to be subtitled to that original language or where that is not possible in English subtitled version.
• Every Short must be subtitled to English language; including those which original version is Spanish.
• Selection of Shorts will be in charge of the Organizing Committee and announced in our Website on September 15th, 2018.
• Selected Shorts will be screened in any of their sections in contest or in the festival parallel section. This festival must communicate to all participants in which section is their short to be screened.
• Participating shorts must not have been screened at any exhibition, festival inside the province of Soria.
• For promoting Shorts and Festival, the organizing committee will use for no more than 1 minute movie clips from selected shorts.
• Shorts films can only be submitted using the platform www.festhome.com & www.shortfilmdepot.com. Until April 1, registration for the festival will be free (except for the platform fee) for Spanish short films and €5 for short films from the rest of the world. From May 1st to June 30th (final submission deadline), the registration fee, including the platform fee, will be €5 for Spanish short films and €10 for foreign short films.
• All Short screenings will be in digital format regardless their filming system.
• The Organizing Committee will put in contact with all selected films in order to request the sending of projection file.
• The Official Jury will consist of Cinema, Culture and Communication Professionals and in charge of giving the awards. Their resolution is conclusive.
• Shorts will compete for different prizes awarded by different juries: Official Jury, Jury “Mediterranean Diet”, Young Jury, Elderly Jury, Jury “Behind the scenes”, Jury Ángel Mayor (composed of the Selection Committee), Jury “One of Ours”, Children Jury and Audience Jury. All awards will be known in the awards Ceremony.
• Concerning selected Shorts, the organizing Committee will cover costs in accommodation (3 nights for domestic and 4 nights for foreign production), a breakfast and meal to only director and 1 person from work-team.
• It is hereby remained the creator´s permission or right owners to screen selected shorts during Festival Contest. No privity of contract neither with Ayuntamiento de Soria (City Council of Soria), the company La Boca Espacio de Cultura nor with any management company related to principal or authorship.
• Awarded shorts by any Jury may assign all rights in order to participate in the project Cine a los Cuatro Vientos; a project carry out in different places of the Country and in cooperation with other international and domestic Festivals.
• To be submitted to Festival involves express acceptance of this rules.
The attendance shorts in the competition section will compete to the following awards according to their nature:
Short film Fiction
Short Animated Film
Special Jury Prize
Social Commitment & enviromental Ateneo Foundation “Jesús Pereda” CCOO
Avalon Musical Thematic Short Film
2.000 € + Trophy
2.000 € + Trophy
2.000 € + Trophy
1.200 € + Trophy
• AUDIENCE AWARD
Short Film* ................................. 1.000 € + Trophy
*Audience Award: This award is given by the audience who attend the screenings. Computation will be calculated by adding votes of audience and making the percent of attendance.
• AWARD SHORT FILM NATIONAL PRODUCTION
National Short Film* ....................... 1.000 € + Trofeo
Best photography direction ............... 1.500 € (In shooting rental material)
*Award NACIONAL Short Film: This award is aimed at short films whose director has Spanish nationality
• AWARD "MEDITERRANEAN DIET" * AS A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
FUNDACIÓN CIENTÍFICA CAJA RURAL FCCR
All the short films shown are eligible both for the official competitive sections as well as the parallel sections.
1st Award for Adults ............................. 1.000 €
2nd Award for Adults ............................. 500 €
1st Award for Schoolchildren .................. 1.000 €
2nd Award for Schoolchildren ................... 500 €
* *MEDITERRANEAN DIET
For Shorts that promote the Mediterranean Diet as a healthy lifestyle using images, script and contents. Not just a food pattern but in values related to environment, physical activity and sports, humanism, solidarity, tradition album, living together, conversation, generosity, sustainable urbanism as health source, prevention of diseases and injuries. All that let us spread a healthier lifestyle and habits in a physical, mental, social and environmental aspect. So producing a fairly and balanced society.
Soria is an Emblematic Community of the Mediterranean Diet as Intangible Cultural Heritage. UNESCO 2010.
AWARD “ÁNGEL MAYOR”
This award is given by the members of the Selection Committee and has no funding.
• AWARD "ONE OF OURS”
Short Film* ................................. 1.000 € + Trofeo
*Award "One of Ours": This award will be given by the Short´s Representatives in Festival. Only represented shorts will enter in Contest.
REGISTRATION TO FESTIVAL
Deadline: June 30st, 2018
FOR ANY REQUESTS PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US
XX Soria International Short Film Fest
- Centro Cívico Bécquer
- Calles Infantes de Lara s/n, 42003. Soria. España.
- Tln: /(+34) 975 233 069 / (+34) 607 303 257